M.E.S.A.W (MY EPIC SOUTH AFRICAN WAY)
This blog is about all the silly on goings in my life as business owner of handprinted homewear company mesawstudio and all the nonsensical things i manage to fit in between m.e.s.a.w. and being a new wife and the mom of the cutest pups in the world.
I hope to give insight into how and why I do what I do for mesaw and allow you to have a new appreciation for that which is hand and home made! Because well, what’s better than owning something that has more love than machine?
This blog is going to be my diary of my weekly love for art, colour, mesaw, my husband, family, friends and my dogs! Hopefully you all will become quite acquainted with them soon.
Thank you for joining in on my quest in creating art, building a business, family and a home filled with colour!
via About | i.am.mesaw.
- Showered – no time for gym this morning.
- Yummy eggs on toast with Yash at home.
- Dropped Yash off at the Gautrain.
- Check ink levels for printing today – yay no mixing colours today..
(not my most favourite task of the day)
- Chat to Laura and Nishtha (this happens daily, if not, I cry myself to sleep).
- Got invited to a pizza dinner at my cousin Sushma’s place – both our husbands are studying so just a quick one. Awesome! No cooking today! Fantastic.
- Fed Dogs
- Waste a bit of time on facebook, twitter and wordpress.
- Put Tacky on printing table
- Filled big tub with nice warm water for washing screens. (My hands deserve it)
- Messed up a print
- Tried to fix print.. Fail
- Cleaned screens.
- Shout at screens and failed print for ruining my happy Friday.
- Replied to emails.
- Complained to Yash about my Failed day of printing – he talked me into continuing.. so I did, – he’s great isn’t he! Too bad! He’s mine! Boo hoo for you.
- Print, print print print
- Light Lunch, Sjoe.
- Print print.. shout at print!
- Gym! Yay?? – Gym was awesome! Really starting to enjoy this new schedule.
- Dry hair – in my case this takes longer than cooking lunch sometimes.
- Go for dinner – awesome catch up time and great spending time with the kids.
- Sew my challenge for today.
- Figure out what this is that I have sewn.
- Photograph shoe travel pouch.
- Pour glass of wine
- Finish Blog post heehee
- Chill out!!
Okay so I hope that wasn’t too much detail! For my sewing challenge today I was not keen on sewing something that I could actually sell because I am still trying to get used to the high speed on this new machine. So instead I just took an off-cut and played with it and this is what I created. Its a bit random but since I am going on holiday next month I think its great!
It could also be used as cute pouch for a gift… It really is quite random.
Have a great weekend everyone! My bed awaits me. Going to enjoy a lie in tomorrow and no gym haha!
Night Night …zzz
- I am mesaw (iammesaw.com)
- Day 1 – “Five ways to win your heart” (iammesaw.com)
- Twitter: mesawstudio
- twicsy.com mesawstudio