22 Questions and 22 Answers from Author Marie Jem
22 questions with one of the most exciting authors of today. Marie Jem has burst onto the scene with her first book “Pursuit For Lucidity.” Marie is a writer you will be hearing a lot from in the future. For those of you who have read “Pursuit,” I need explain no more. For those who haven’t, you need to read this one. Just believe me–you need this!
1. If you could work with any author who would it be?
A) Danielle Steel. I love the way Danielle writes and describes surroundings and makes you feel what her characters are feeling.
2. Who is your favourite author, and is your writing style similar to theirs?
A) The late V.C. Andrews is my favourite author. If my writing style were similar to hers, I would be one AMAZING writer. I love the way she draws you into her characters’ minds and emotions.
3. What’s your favorite part of a book?
A) My favourite part of a book is that moment when you are not expecting to discover a secret and all of a sudden it’s in your face and you cannot believe it.
4. When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning?
A) I just imagine what I think the character should look like and pick a name that I think fits their appearance in my imagination.
5. How have your personal experiences affected your writing?
A) Personal experiences such as jobs, school, and everyday living over the years have given me many creative ideas. I believe the people I have encountered throughout my life makes it easy for me to create all the different personalities of my characters.
6. What genre of books do you personally like to read? Do you limit yourself to only the genre that you write yourself?
A) I do not limit myself to a certain genre. I have interest in many different genres. Although I write romance, I very much enjoy a good suspenseful thriller, which is something I’m currently reading.
7. Were you always good at writing?