via About | Word Savant.
My name is Jane Endacott, and I’m a blogger and fiction writer. I recently released my book, Odious Seed and Other Stories, on Amazon Kindle. I’m currently working on a YA series titled, The People of Fire & Water. I also offer services as a writing coach for those who want to improve their process and style. The purpose of this blog is for other writers and creatives to find connection in the creative process.
I’ve called myself a writer for a long time and have practiced it in many forms. Besides reading voraciously and enjoying food as if it were my last day on earth, writing is one of the few things that come naturally to me.
Whether or not you consider yourself a writer, feel free to contact me with challenges you have with your own writing process. I’d love to answer your questions and help you work through them.
A list of some of my favorite books on the craft. I’d love to read your comments below with books you’ve read that have helped you learn the craft.
Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within by Natalie Goldberg – This book is by far the best, when you’re a new writer and just starting out. It definitely lives up to it’s subtitle.
The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks & Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield – The kick in the ass you need to stop making excuses.
This week I released a book of short stories, Odious Seed and Other Stories on Amazon, which you can find here. Here are 5 reasons why you should get odious with my short story collection, Odious Seed and other stories.
- These are stories to keep you up late. These are the kind of stories that will have you up past midnight. You will be so absorbed that you won’t notice the time pass.
- It’s the only place where you can read about two nuclear scientists falling in love, an invasion of ladybugs, and a seed that grows in a man’s body all in one book. Come on, how many books have stories like that? Just this one.
- It’s a chance to read a new author. You have everything to gain by branching out and reading work by a new author, work that will stimulate and engage you.
- The stories are better when shared with others. These stories inspire readers to share them with like-minded readers. Chances are there is someone you know who will take pleasure in them.
- You will find meaningful connection. As a storyteller I aim to give my readers connection and a reading experience that relates to their lives. I put my best stories in this book, and I think you’ll be happy you picked it up.
Download my book today, and come back and share your thoughts. I’ll file this post on it’s own page titled “Get Odious.” I’d love to hear your comments.