t doesn’t matter if you are blogging a novel, a memoir or a nonfiction book, if you want to convince your readers to think or act a certain way, you must hit them in the gut. (Not literally, of course.) If you can make them feel something, you can probably inspire them to behave in the way you desire.
- Terry Irving — Bio, Books & Blogs
- Short Biography
- Posts Either Written By Me or Written About My Work
- Video: Resume Reel
- Video: Rescue in the Philippines 2013
- Book: Courier (#1 in Freelancer Series) — May 2014
- Book: Warrior (#2 in Freelancer Series) — Summer 2014
- Book: On The Road – Part 1 of Time Cut: 1969-2013 –On Amazon Now
- Book: The Unemployed Guy’s Guide to Unemployment–On Amazon Now
- Blog: Unemployed Guy’s Guide to Unemployment Blog
- Blog: Who Says There Are No Great Jobs Blog
- Other People’s Books
- The Work of Writing
- Friends of Hey Sweetheart
Join My Editing Army
My first thriller, "Courier," was published by Exhibit A Books which promptly went out of business. It's still for sale, at least for a while.
For more Information and a chance to buy this lightning-fast motorcycle race of a book, click on the Author Page link just above.
Now, I just have to find another publisher and get them to publish "Courier," "Warrior"-the sequel, and "Day of the Dragonking: Book One of the Last American Wizard." (a paranormal thriller/comedy.}
Man, this publishing nonsense is tough!
Stick around, I'll try to keep you updated on my progress.
(*To be honest, I'm still fairly uncouth.)
What You’ve Been Saying
BUY ANYTHING FROM AMAZON and Support this Blog
- Courier (new edition) Number 50 on Amazon's 100 Hot New Releases!!!Terry Irving: Author of "Courier" [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- DEATH OF A LEGENDI came home from a trip to California to find that all the ebook versions of "Courier" have vanished into the ether. The print versions will disappear when the value of paper compost exceeds... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- Fall of the Berlin Wall - 25 Years ago this weekendI was there at the fall of the WallTerry Irving Senior Producer CNN Washington Bureau I was in Berlin for a week in 1989. Three days before "he Opening," three days during, and one day after. My... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- [Video and Text] A Speaking Event about Watergate "Noir At The Bar" [text]OK, FIRST A BIT OF NOIR FICTION— THIS IS FROM MY NOVEL, COURIER—SET IN LATE 1972That afternoon, TV News Courier Rick Putnam had one of those days that happened from time to time when it... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- Kirkus Review: "...relentlessly paced, punctuated by bursts of action and violence, and driven by artfully unfolding suspense. "KIRKUS REVIEW"An action-packed tale of murder and political intrigue set in the politically turbulent 1970s." Irving is a writer and producer with... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- RT @tea_in_carolina: Of course I was kidding. Just ask TravisHill @Angry_Games-prototype of #LyingAuthors Ha-You're lying about your preten… 6 hours ago
- @tea_in_carolina Are you kidding? I'm famous all around the nation for my lack of pretensions. 6 hours ago
- Courier is now in the Top 100 Free Books on Amazon. Get yours today. Kirkus says it's "an action-packed tale of... fb.me/3qL9PARm0 6 hours ago
- @tea_in_carolina I just stay away from shotguns and pretensions to literary greatness. 6 hours ago
- RT @tea_in_carolina: So, when you get a Harley, get a big ol' 6-toed Maine Coon. No need to take up lion hunting though; Hemingway was over… 6 hours ago
Archives By Date
Longtime Newsman Attempts Escape
40 years of television journalism, online startups/failures, content creation, and technical chicanery and now trying to scam the literary world. First novel (A thriller about Watergate) to be published on real paper in May 2014. Other novels, screenplays, and ghostwritings are pouring out as fast as I can type. Hoping to keep the family in Senior Kibble for as long as possible.