t doesn’t matter if you are blogging a novel, a memoir or a nonfiction book, if you want to convince your readers to think or act a certain way, you must hit them in the gut. (Not literally, of course.) If you can make them feel something, you can probably inspire them to behave in the way you desire.
- Terry Irving — Bio, Books & Blogs
- Short Biography
- Posts Either Written By Me or Written About My Work
- Video: Resume Reel
- Video: Rescue in the Philippines 2013
- Book: Courier (#1 in Freelancer Series) — May 2014
- Book: Warrior (#2 in Freelancer Series) — Summer 2014
- Book: On The Road – Part 1 of Time Cut: 1969-2013 –On Amazon Now
- Book: The Unemployed Guy’s Guide to Unemployment–On Amazon Now
- Blog: Unemployed Guy’s Guide to Unemployment Blog
- Blog: Who Says There Are No Great Jobs Blog
- Other People’s Books
- The Work of Writing
- Friends of Hey Sweetheart
Now, I'm changing gears*.
My first thriller, "Courier," will be published by Exhibit A Books in May 2014.
For more on this lightning-fast motorcycle race of a book, please visit the two links in the box below.
(*To be honest, I'm still fairly uncouth.)
What You’ve Been Saying
BUY ANYTHING FROM AMAZON and Support this Blog
- Read the First Chapter of Courier Right Here #FREE #mustreadTerry Irving: Author of "Courier" [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- 24 Hours With Charlie Company - Beirut 1982I covered Beirut three times between 1982 and 1983. Somewhere in there, my daughter Megan was conceived and I was told in no uncertain terms that I was not going back. This was, by far, the best... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- My Time with Morris Day and the TimeWhen we interviewed Prince's girlfriend (Aphasia or Azalea or whatever her name was) with her band Vanity Six, the backup band was The Time in beards and overcoats. The disguise was necessary because... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- My Life With Don ImusAnother chapter from a mis-spent career. I was the self-appointed Senior Producer of the Imus on MSNBC program (because I wrote the first week's credits and simply assigned myself the job--I... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- IT'S HERE!Four Months of Writing and Four Years of WaitingCourier, my first novel, has arrived! (I may have to re-read it just so I can do interviews. I can barely remember what I wrote.)Terry Irving: ... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- RT @jdagmi: @hilarydavidson thanks for coming to @murderonthebeach. Always great to see you. #bloodalwaystells http://t.co/1YVs2bBoBm 5 hours ago
- RT @sbredstone: New Release! The Justiss Alliance by @Tina_Wainscott! First TWO for #99c #GreatBookDeal goo.gl/KRjeVv via @GreatBo… 5 hours ago
- RT @RoadTripExplore: Make the Molalla River Corridor & Table Rock Wilderness your next adventure, #TravelPics goo.gl/ii9i7v http:/… 5 hours ago
- RT @JPBarlow: Astonishing video of wingsuit birdmen flying under the Aiguille du Midi Bridge at Mont Blanc. bit.ly/WingsuitWonders 5 hours ago
- RT @CLWithers1: There’s a reason why every culture on Earth has legends of dragons. THE MAP OF AGES amzn.to/Ie6gLs #fantasy http://… 5 hours ago
Archives By Date
Longtime Newsman Attempts Escape
40 years of television journalism, online startups/failures, content creation, and technical chicanery and now trying to scam the literary world. First novel (A thriller about Watergate) to be published on real paper in May 2014. Other novels, screenplays, and ghostwritings are pouring out as fast as I can type. Hoping to keep the family in Senior Kibble for as long as possible.